Tuesday 19 July 2011

Brit bar worker how she was almost killed in a horror boating accident in Ibiza.

Ibiza Island Summer Chill 2011, Vol. 1 (A Sunny Collection of Ambient Deluxe, Lounge and Island Chill Out Tunes)
Suzanne Cassidy was sucked into the propeller blades of a speedboat after being pulled through the water on an inflatable "doughnut" ring.
The 26-year-old nursery worker survived by grabbing the side of the boat as the blades hacked into her leg. She said: "I really thought I was going to die."
Her tibia was left sticking out of her right leg and the broken bone was pinned together in a four-and-a-half hour operation.
Suzanne, from Cambuslang, near Glasgow, arrived in Ibiza 11 weeks ago to start a summer job at The Highlander bar in San Antonio.
She said: "I'm just glad to be alive. I knew immediately the danger I was in when I felt my leg being sucked towards the propellers by the engine.
"Somehow I twisted myself around and away from danger. My friends pulled me back on board the boat and that's when I saw the blood.
"I could feel throbbing in my leg where it was broken but I was running on adrenaline and didn't want to look. I only found out the bone had been sticking out of my leg after the operation."
The accident happened around 4pm on Sunday near San Antonio during a friend's booze-free 30th birthday party.
Her mum Sheelagh said Suzanne was coaxed on to the "doughnut" by pals but slipped when she went to climb back on the main boat.
She said: "The captain had already started the propellers before she was back on the boat. We're all really angry about what has happened.
"We've spoken to her boss and she's told us it was horrific and should never have happened."
Sheelagh, 54, told the Record she had a premonition about something happening to her daughter.
She said: "I had a dream two days before Suzanne went away in which I saw her lying on the ground screaming for me to help. I knew she needed her mum.
"I didn't tell Suzanne but I told my oldest daughter Claire, who said I was just being paranoid."
Suzanne, who hopes to one day walk without a limp, aims to leave hospital by the end of the week and plans to stay in Ibiza until September.
Her dad John, 56, is preparing to fly out to her daughter's bedside this afternoon.
Police in Ibiza are investigating the incident.
The boat's owners were not available for comment.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...